Thursday, May 19, 2011

Free day, continued

This temple was our destination and turn around point on Tuesday.  Lots of birds, lots of incense, and a number of people meditating in the lotus position.  Even though the walking surface wasn't what you'd call clean, no shoes were allowed.
Above pic shows me and our driver for the day, who is in the middle.  The guy on the right?  A local guy who wanted to be in the picture :).

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
Me and the ophthalmology resident who joined me for the excursion, and, since he also spoke English, graciously answered all of my questions for the trip.

Having trouble posting more pics with descriptions.  The two pics above without captions show some of the surrounding mountains.  I was intrigued by the layers of rock, and their angle, as shown in one of those pics, since it reminded me of some of the rock formations in Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment